Created in conjunction with Asheru, the DC-based hip-hop artist who, amongst many achievements, provided the theme song to “The Boondocks.” I was connected w/ Asheru thru 2Tuff productions, and the opportunity came about to work on an updated website presence for the artist/education advocate. The new site is a simple, but effective update that brings Asheru’s online presence up-to-date w/ a single responsive solution that works across all major devices.
The ‘Boondocks’ Theme
- Mobile-friendly theme used to provide a seamless user experience for smartphones and up. The site auto-scales virtually every element to fit the screen it is being viewed upon.
- Customized theme made for WordPress for client. Based off of EWA’s Responsive theme. Extensive PHP/JS/JQuery/CSS3 customizations made to client’s requirements.
- Custom stylesheet set up, complete w/ style hierarchy and custom type kit fonts used throughout site. CSS3 @media queries used to allow responsive template functionality.
- Advanced events calendar, complete w/ Facebook event integration. Publish new events from the website, and have them also set up under Facebook at the same time.
- Blog w/ auto-formatting for video/audio posts built-in. YouTube/SoundCloud/etc. get automatically formatted w/ special layout options when posting new content.
- Advanced caching system used to speed up response times across all pages. Using GZIP compression, and automated garbage collection – the site has been able to achieve average page render times under 2 seconds.
- Integrated contact form with anti-spam filtering.
- Client Gabriel Asheru Benn
- Date December 26, 2013
- Tags Mobile, Web Development