Guerilla Arts Ink is the second project I was able to work on with DC-based hip-hop artist/community organizer/educator Asheru. It’s a relatively simple, but extensive migration of older content from his prior blogs into an updated presence. I successfully exported his older content into a new design, and was able to re-purpose virtually all of his old artwork into an updated style/look for 2014 and beyond.
- Mobile-friendly plugin used to provide a seamless user experience for smartphones and up. The site auto-scales virtually every element to fit the screen it is being viewed upon.
- Customized theme made for WordPress for client. Based off of Denoizzed’s KingSize theme.
- Blog w/ auto-formatting for video/audio posts built-in. YouTube/SoundCloud/etc. get automatically formatted w/ special layout options when posting new content.
- Social Media Promo Ready features integrated into blog posts. As users add new content – it can be instantly posted directly to Facebook/Twitter directly from the backend interface. This streamlines delivery of content from a single point of origin.
- Google Analytics Integrated to measure and report back to the user about traffic sources and site metrics at a single glance. Various demographic/technical details all available.
- Advanced caching system used to speed up response times across all pages. Using GZIP compression, and automated garbage collection – the site has been able to achieve average page render times under 2 seconds.
- Integrated contact form with anti-spam filtering.
— Guerilla Arts Ink (@GuerillaArts) March 30, 2014
- Client Guerilla Arts Ink, LLC
- Date March 24, 2014
- Tags Mobile, Web Development