My friend and local artist Jen McClaning asked me for some help w/ her own online presence, recently, so I built here a new site, called “The Art of Jen McClaning.” Here’s some of the features I set up and put into the design:
- Custom theme made for WordPress for client. Based off Emil Uzelac’s Responsive theme. Extensive PHP/JS/CSS3 customizations made to client’s requirements.
- Responsive design so that one site fits all current displays used from any internet-enabled device. The site has CSS3 code that automatically resizes and re-positions certain elements on the page for best viewing ability on mobile and upwards. Tablets and desktop displays automatically see different versions of the site based on screen real estate available.
- Custom stylesheet set up, complete w/ style hierarchy and custom type kit fonts used throughout site.
- Custom events calendar, complete with subscription capability via RSS/Google Calendar. Events can be customized w/ their own artwork and an accompanying Google Map, along w/ details.
- Enhanced blogging system, complete w/ SPAM filtering and Disqus comment administration system. This allows individuals to comment and log in using their Facebook/Twitter/Google+/Disqus accounts to safely enjoy SPAM-free discussion with Jen McClaning and other fans of her work.
- Social media accounts linked into the site. Jen McClaning’s presence online via Facebook is always present and makes for another easy way for new/old fans to reconnect with her.
- Client Jennifer McClaning
- Date October 1, 2013
- Tags Design, E-Commerce, Web Development